Instructional Designer/ Trainer
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs. As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
Inner West Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. Employees are expected to demonstrate commitment to these values in performing their respective roles. In addition to these, the following criteria outline those that are relevant to this specific position.
About the role
The Instructional Designer/Trainer reports to the Talent Management Manager. The Talent Management team focus on people activities and programs to support and facilitate organisational strategies and drive change. This includes talent acquisition, branding, induction and on-boarding, retention, development programs, workforce planning and succession planning and HR analytics.
The Instructional Designer/Trainer is a stand-alone development capability role responsible for co-ordinating and implementing corporate mandatory development programs, delivering business and systems training and design and development of e-learning programs to increase employee capability. The Instructional Designer/Trainer provides advice on the most appropriate providers and development method, provides instructional design of e-learning programs and coordinates a suite of development options that address employee learning and employee capability advancement for Council.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$84,995 p.a to $97,809 p.a + super
- Flexible work arrangements - Roster Day off per Month
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Working with the Talent Management Manager on organisational development priorities, timely facilitation of all corporate, business and systems programs considering appropriate delivery methods, client needs, organisational priorities, and legislative requirements
- Source, manage and/or deliver the development portfolio including instructional design, provider contract management, implementation and/or delivery including blended learning; face-to-face and e-learning sessions. Review and evaluate all development programs including e-learning, corporate, technical systems and business programs and deliver corporate systems programs in a timely manner.
- Create relevant development schedules, ensuring that all scheduling is done accurately and efficiently
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in instructional design, learning and development, organisational development or related discipline and significant relevant experience in development and instructional design in a diverse organisation
- Proven ability to source, design, develop and implement development programs and evaluation and reporting on effectiveness.
- Demonstrated significant experience in the design and delivery and evaluation of corporate, IT systems, and business development programs including development of e-learning programs.
- Class C Drivers' Licence.
Talent Management Manager - John Dawson on (02) 9367 5047
Monday 9 Oct 2017, at 11:30pm
How to Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply.