Children & Family Services Cook (Part time)
Leichhardt Park Childcare Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
The Children and Family Services Cook is accountable for planning nutritionally balanced menus for children within an allocated budget, hygienic preparation of nutritious meals and organising all aspects of kitchen work, and assisting the Co-ordinator in the day to day running of the education and care service.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$25.72 p/hour - $28.15 p/hour + super
$43,466.80 pa - $47,573.50 pa (at 32.5 hrs/wk) + super
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Plan menus for the children that provide variety and balanced nutrition in consultation with the Nominated Supervisor and Educators.
- Ensure all requirements of children with allergies, intolerances and other dietary needs are met within the menu planning and meal preparation.
- Assist in the ordering of all weekly food within the budgetary allocation and ensure accounts are forwarded promptly to the Nominated supervisor and admin officer for payment.
- Hygienically prepare lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea daily following safe food practices
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the preparation of appropriate food and beverages for children in an early childhood environment.
- Knowledge of dietary, nutritional, cultural requirements of children 0-5 years including allergies and food intolerances
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of hygienic food preparation, storage and cooking practices.
- Statement of Attainment in Nutrition and Menu Planning (HLTNA302B) and Safe Food Handling (THHGHS01B) or equivalent as a minimum.
Centre Coordinator - Leichhardt Park Children's Centre, Lisa Caridi on (02) 9392 5854
Sunday 29th 2018, at 11:30pm
How to Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply.