Events Officer X 3
Leichhardt Service Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
The position will be responsible for coordinating festivals, events and community initiatives as part of Inner West Council’s major community events program. The position will work with the Events team to actively engage the local community in celebrations of place, culture and diversity to enhance the reputation of Inner West Council and promote its local government area as a dynamic and creative community. This position may also provide expertise and guidance on other Council run events.
Council’s major community events program includes, but is not limited to:
- Footprints EcoFestival;
- Dulwich Hill Village Fair;
- Summer Hill Festival;
- Bali Memorial Service;
- Marrickville Festival;
- Remembrance Day;
- Jazz in the Park;
- Carols By Candlelight;
- Council Christmas Party;
- Australia Day;
- Carnival of Cultures;
- Bairro Portugues Petersham – Food & Wine Fair;
- Classics at Callan Park/BluesFest;
- Movies in the Park;
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service;
- Built Environment Awards; and
- Celebrate 2044.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$76,367 pa to $85,531 p.a. + super
- Flexible work arrangements and RDO scheme
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Produce community events as required, including concept development, production, risk management, marketing, administration and evaluation.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality, well regarded events that are culturally appropriate and provide opportunities for participation among Council staff, residents, community leaders, organisations, local business, performers, event contractors, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Prepare professional reports, internal and external briefings, including speech notes and MC scripts, sponsorship proposals, submissions and contracts relating to events.
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, arts administration, business, tourism studies or an equivalent field.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain First Aid, Responsible Service of Alcohol and Traffic Controller qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of a range of community festivals and events.
- Understanding of relevant legal and risk management requirements and contract management experience.
- Desktop publishing skills, including Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to prepare high quality promotional material and reports.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in marketing, sponsorship and budgets/funding.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety, environmental management and ethical management principles.
- Current NSW Class C Driver Licence.
Michael Daly, Events Manager on 9392 5259
Sunday 21 October 2018, at 11:30 pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.
Eligibility for employment/Pre employment Checks
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks as required for the position. This may include police records checks, certified copies of relevant qualifications, Driver’s Licence and proof of work rights in Australia.
Copies of any sighted documents will be kept by IWC for its records as proof of verification. For more information about work rights in Australia please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.