Senior Events Specialist
Leichhardt Service Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
The position is responsible for the creative direction, programming and management of festivals, events and community initiatives as part of Inner West Council’s major community events program. The position will work with the Events team to actively engage the local community in celebrations of place, culture and diversity to enhance the reputation of Inner West Council and promote its local government area as a dynamic and creative community. This position may also work cross functionally across Council to provide expertise and guidance on other Council run events.
Council’s major community events program includes, but is not limited to:
- Footprints EcoFestival;
- Dulwich Hill Village Fair;
- Summer Hill Festival
- Bali Memorial Service;
- Marrickville Festival;
- Remembrance Day;
- Jazz in the Park;
- Carols By Candlelight;
- Council Christmas Party;
- Australia Day;
- Carnival of Cultures;
- Bairro Portugues Petersham – Food & Wine Fair;
- Classics at Callan Park/BluesFest;
- Movies in the Park;
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service;
- Built Environment Awards; and
- Celebrate 2044.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$87,119 pa to $96,677 p.a. + super
- Flexible work arrangements and RDO scheme
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, arts administration, business, tourism studies or an equivalent field.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain First Aid, Responsible Service of Alcohol and Traffic Controller qualifications.
- Proven project management skills, with a strong record of achievement in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating a broad range of events, including outdoor festivals.
- Understanding of relevant legal and risk management requirements and contract management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to prepare high quality promotional material and reports.
- Proven ability to manage complex negotiations, contracts and strategic/operational risks.
- Proven capacity to work independently, and manage staff and contractors.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including public presentation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in strategic marketing, securing sponsorship, budget development and financial management.
- Working knowledge of local government.
- Ability to speak a relevant community language.
Michael Daly, Events Manager on 9392 5259
Sunday 21 October 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.