Leichhardt Service Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
To develop the strategic direction of Council's events program to meet changing community and cultural priorities and maintain Council's position as a leader in the provision of high quality community events.
To ensure the delivery of an integrated suite of major/signature events across Inner West Council, which celebrates and promotes the unique local culture and engages citizens in community life. Events produced will enhance social inclusion, economic development, cultural diversity and creativity, precinct attraction, and define and help drive the brand and identity of the Inner West.
The position will be responsible for leading, inspiring and participating in the team, mentoring and developing staff, providing opportunities for growth and professional development, facilitating partnerships across Council, undertaking collaborative problem solving, participating in the resolution of issues, and setting and achieving team goals in line with Council objectives.
Council’s major community events program includes, but is not limited to:
- Footprints EcoFestival;
- Dulwich Hill Village Fair;
- Summer Hill Festival;
- Bali Memorial Service;
- Marrickville Festival;
- Remembrance Day;
- Jazz in the Park;
- Carols By Candlelight;
- Council Christmas Party;
- Australia Day;
- Carnival of Cultures;
- Bairro Portugues Petersham – Food & Wine Fair;
- Classics at Callan Park/BluesFest;
- Movies in the Park;
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service;
- Built Environment Awards; and
- Celebrate 2044.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$123,732- $139,262 pa + super
- Access to One monthly RDO
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Develop and manage the strategic direction of Council's events program to meet changing community cultural priorities and maintain Council's position as a leader in the provision of high quality community events.
- Manage a rolling 12-month event calendar for Inner West Council.
- Develop, implement, manage and review events policies, procedures and strategies to ensure processes are consistent; outcomes meet community expectations and increase the standard of event delivery.
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, arts administration, business, tourism studies or an equivalent field.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain First Aid, Responsible Service of Alcohol and Traffic Controller qualifications.
- Significant high level experience in driving the strategic direction and management of large scale events and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse relationships at a variety of organisational levels, take a facilitative approach and provide strategic direction, advice, analysis and briefings to a wide variety of staff and stakeholders including Councillors, Executive/Leadership teams, project managers and technical specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team and its functions to achieve set outcomes.
- Demonstrated financial and budget management experience.
Group Manager Communications, Engagement and Events , Laura Stevens on 9392 5572
Sunday 22 July 2018 at 11:30pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.