Strategic Planner - Strategy and Policy
Ashfield Service Centre
Strategic Planner- Strategy and Policy
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
Our strategic planning group is the place to grow and develop your strategic planning career. As an amalgamated Council of 3 Councils with their own idiosyncrasies, your decision making and analysis will be challenged as you navitage the change in this eclectic region of Sydney.
The size of the team and their expertise provides you the opportunity to learn from industry experts and rapidly expand your knowledge.
Typical duties will include a range of activities to identify and plan for existing and future demands for Council and community assets, and to prepare strategic plans to reflect these needs.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$82,196- 96,159 p.a. + super
- Flexible work arrangements and RDO scheme
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- To efficiently and effectively process planning proposals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act and in accordance with Council's policies and procedures.
- To prepare reports/strategies/plans and provide advice on a variety of planning matters relevant to the Strategic Planning Group.
- To respond to verbal and written requests for advice concerning planning matters.
- Provide formal Pre-Planning Proposal Application advice
Delivery of accurate, timely and consistent advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out the lodgement of planning proposals ensuring proposals are complete and meet a high standard that satisfies Council’s submission requirements.
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Local Government Act as regard assessment and consideration of planning proposals.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written, including report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Strategy and Policy Manager, Gill Dawson on (02) 9392 5733
Friday 27 July 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply.