ICT Program Manager
Petersham Service Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
The Program Manager is responsible, on behalf of the ICT, for delivering change. The role requires effective co-ordination of the programs / projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. The Program Manager is responsible for delivering agreed Program components on time, within agreed quality and on budget. It also includes the co-ordination of adoption of new technology and realisation of projected benefits.
The Program Manager will develop and maintain the program environment to support each individual project within it through an effective program / project management framework.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$113,600 - $123,732 p.a. + super
- Access to One monthly RDO (Salaried)
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Developing and maintaining an IT program / project management methodology for ICT
- Planning and designing the program / projects and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Establishment of program / project governance and risk management arrangements
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in an IT or Business related discipline with at least 8 Years experience in developing and implementing IT related projects.
- Demonstrated extensive skills and experience in managing all stages of the project cycle (planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Superior experience and a record of achievement in leading and managing critical, highly complex and/or large business transformation programs and projects in a large and complex ICT environment
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiations skills with extensive experience engaging, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders and customers at a senior level
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of designing and implementing Enterprise Architecture in large and complex organizations.
- Experience in Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Cloud, on premise and hybrid architectures
Group Manager, Information & Communications Technology, Harin Perera on (02) 9392 5530
Friday 20 July 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.