Service, Support & Development Officer
All Service Centres
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $12.95/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
To assist and support the development and implementation of Customer Service's integration activities and performance improvement program, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to enable optimal services to be delivered to our customers.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$66,782 - $75,728 p.a + super
9 Day Fortnight (35 hours per week; 45 minute lunch breaks)
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Strong analytical, facilitation, and process mapping skills with demonstrated experience in analysing and implementing business processes within a service-based organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure, think analytically and be solutions focused.
- Relevant experience in the design and delivery of Customer Service training.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to achieving results within a quality management framework.
- Proven experience in identifying and/or implementing continuous improvement opportunities, across systems, processes and procedures in a Customer Service environment.
- Coaching and training skills, including experience in the development and implementation of coaching and training plans.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and customers alike.
- Highly adaptive and a proven ability to embrace change.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety, and ethical practice.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in process mapping (i.e. proficiency with Microsoft Visio or other process mapping tools).
- Broad understanding of process re-engineering and project management methodologies.
- Class C Drivers' Licence.
Customer Service Manager - Steve Adams on (02) 9335 2091.
Wednesday 14 February 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the Essential & Desirable requirements. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply