Gym Supervisor LPAC 20 Hours (Phase 2 - Lv5 vacancy)
PHASE 2 - Level 5, Gym Supervisor LPAC 20 Hours
INTERNAL ONLY RECRUITMENT FOR SUITABLY QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES
The new Inner West Council has a population of 185,000 people and covers an area 36 sq km and employs 1,250 people. Opportunities to build and shape the future of our new Council will be made available first to all existing staff. Join us as we transition and work towards becoming the best Council in Sydney.
In accordance with the Local Government Act 1993, Section 354G and 354H, all vacant positions will now be advertised internally. These will be commonly referred to as recruitment phases, Phase 1 and Phase 2 respectively. If a successful outcome is reached within Phase 1, applications received in Phase 2 will not be considered.
Only staff who were employed before proclamation date will be eligible to apply to Phase 1 or Phase 2 opportunities. It is important to note that different processes will apply to each of the recruitment phases. All applicants are advised to read the recruitment advert carefully, and please contact your relevant HR department for further information.
“Please note that at any time during the vacancy management phased process, Council retains the right to fill positions through a direct internal transfer.”
To read the full vacancy management and staff transfer protocols for the new permanent IWC organisation structure, please click here.
PHASE 2 - Internal Only Recruitment
- Eligibility: All internal staff who were employed within Council prior to the proclamation date of 12 May 2016 are welcome to apply
- Applicants will be required to provide a full recruitment application. The selection process will involve a combination of:
- Participating in a merit based selection process, including interviews and or practicals
- Providing a CV/Resume
- Providing answers to questions based on position requirements
- Providing qualifications and licences
- Providing references
- If offered and accepted you will be formally appointed to the position, be offered a salary point within the advertised salary range and take the new advertised conditions of employment applying to that job until a new permanent salary structure and common employment conditions are negotiated for Inner West Council. However, please refer to Question 3 below if your current remuneration is in excess of the advertised position range.
- Your existing employment protection conditions will be retained.
- Follow all procedures and conditions of employment outlined by the Assistant Manager Health & Fitness and Coordinator Health and Fitness.
- Follow guidelines and direction as stated in the Health and Fitness procedures manual
- Proactive supervision of the gymnasium area at all times whilst on shift to ensure high level of customer service, quality control and safety.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$51, 239- $56,558 pa + super (based on 35 hours)
$29,279- $32,319 pa + super (based on 20 hours)
Conditions relevant to this position will be determined by the Group Manager. If a new working hours arrangement has not been identified prior to appointment, you may bring your current working hours arrangements with you provided they meet the business needs of the new service unit; pending any new negotiated common IWC employment terms and conditions.
- Accredited in the provision of Health & Fitness Programs (e.g. Certificate III)
- Registered with Fitness NSW via Fitness Australia
- Maintenance of current insurance for all accredited programs.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills.
- High levels of initiative and self motivation.
- Current First Aid Certificate
Health and Fitness Coordinator, Lance Goldsmith on (02) 8061 9721
Friday 20th July 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.