GIS Officer (Maternity Relief up to 12 months)
Petersham Administration Building
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $12.95/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
As the GIS Officer, you will be responsible:
- To ensure that Council has accurate and reliable Mapping and Land Information Systems and Data.
- To provide accurate and reliable online and mobile mapping solutions for Internal and Public access.
- To provide spatial data analysis services to internal customers
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$68,606 - $84,582 p.a+ super
- Flexible work arrangements and RDO scheme
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Maintain records within the corporate property information system to ensure the accuracy, currency, consistency and effectiveness of information throughout the organisation.
- Maintain core layers (including Property, Parcel, House Numbers, and Legal Description) within Council’s GIS as a result of subdivisions, consolidations and changes in valuations supplied by NSW Department of Lands.
- Assist with, and undertake the development and maintenance of other layers within Council’s GIS.
- Provide support and advice to spatial data and system users within other departments of council.
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Relevant tertiary degree in surveying, geographic or land information systems, or an equivalent course of study or experience.
- Clearly demonstrated experience with GIS and Property related systems and software (preferably MapInfo, and TechnologyOne Property and Rating).
- Demonstrated understanding of the NSW Land Titles System and knowledge of the Local Environmental Plan (LEP).
Julie Leslie , Team Leader Information on (02) 9392 5297
Sunday 19 November, 2017 at 11.30 pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your current position description and your resume/CV. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.