Children's Library Officer (Part Time) (EOI up to February)
Expression of Interest
Children's Library Officer (Part Time)
(up to February 2019 )
About the role
You will assist the Children's and Youth Librarian with the delivery of creative and imaginative programs for young people in the Inner West Council LGA.
Supporting the operations of the Community Initiatives team as required and participating in the delivery of frontline services via the weekly roster.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$63,731.42 to $71,379.29 p.a + Super based on 35 hours
$38,238.85 to $42,827.57 p.a + Super based on 21 hours
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies (TAFE) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills in working with children and youth in the delivery of innovative library services to special target groups – particularly children 0-12 and the ability to advise parents on literacy matters.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated skills in assisting with the planning, delivering, promoting and evaluating of library programs.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated skills in developing projects and liaising with community organisations.
- Completion of the State Library of NSW Learning 2.0 program or equivalent.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities.
- Experience with design of displays.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence.
Josie Cavallaro, Community Initiatives Coordinator on (02) 9335 2169
Sunday 19 August 2018 at 11:30pm
How to Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your position description and qualifications (if identified in the essentials of the position description) to complete your application. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.